Does Lowe’s Price Match Home Depot In 2023 No More Confusion, Here’s How It Works
Does Lowe’s Price Match Home Depot: Lowe’s and Home Depot are two of the biggest home improvement stores in the world. They often sell the same items at very similar prices.
But what if you find the same thing at Home Depot for less? Will Lowe’s price match it? Find out by reading on!
Due to Lowe’s generous price-matching policy, if Home Depot has the same item for a lower price, Lowe’s will match that price.
Price matching can be used in person or online if the sale meets all of the policy’s requirements. Here, you can find more information about Lowe’s Price Promise.
But Home Depot won’t just match Lowe’s prices. They will also match the costs of any nearby competitors, like Ace Hardware, Harbor Freight, and more.
What Is The Lowe’s Price Matching Policy?
The Lowe’s Price Promise says that Lowe’s will match the price of any identical, in-stock item from a local store sold for less elsewhere.
All you have to do is show proof of the listed price at the competing supplier at the time of purchase.
The Lowe’s Price Promise also applies to online purchases. To confirm your price match purchase, call 1-877-465-6937.
Lowe’s does not match prices after a purchase, which is too bad.
What Other Stores Does Lowe’s Price Match?
Lowe’s will match the price of any local store that sells the same item in stock for less.
Lowe’s will match the prices of the following online stores:
- Home Depot
- Best Buy
- Ace Hardware
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Tractor Supply
What Other Stores Does Lowe’s Price Match? What Items Are Excluded From Lowe’s Price Matching?
Even though Lowe’s has a good policy about matching prices, there are some things they won’t price match.
Lowe’s price-matching policy does not apply to the following products and services:
- Costs of professional services, such as labor and installation
- Made-to-order items (e.g., custom cabinets, windows, blinds)
- Used, refurbished, open-box, clearance, seasonal, closeout, or damaged items that have been sold out or are no longer available
- Rebates, free offers, BOGO offers, “Buy More, Save More” offers, sales tax promotions or tax-free events, or specific one-time-only promotions, such as seasonal promotions (like Spring Black Friday, Black Friday, and various holiday promotions), special events, and bundle offers.
- Some customers, like those in the military or those who have been loyal, can get discounts.
- Competitors offer volume or wholesale discount pricing. If you want to buy a lot of a specific item, please check with your local store to see if Lowe’s offers a volume discount.
- Pricing from retail wholesalers with memberships
- Third-party marketplace sellers, auction sites, or closeout/discount sites (for example, Lowe’s will match the price of items sold by Amazon.com but not by a third-party seller on Amazon.com)
- Websites that host auctions and bids give prices.
- Pricing mistakes or typos in ads
- Credit terms and offers of money
Lowe’s also says its Price Promise can’t be used with any other offer, promotion, discount, or coupon from the store.
Also, it’s essential to know that, strangely, Lowe’s stores won’t match the prices of other Lowe’s stores. They won’t match online prices from different zip codes, either.
What Is Lowes’ 30-Day Price Adjustment Guarantee?
Lowe’s stopped letting customers change prices in March 2021, which was a shame. Some Lowe’s stores may still follow the policy, but most Lowe’s stores no longer offer any price adjustment after purchase.
If you already bought an item from Lowe’s and want to take advantage of a sale price, you will need to return the item, get your money back, and then repurchase the item at the sale price.
How To Request Price Match Or Price Adjustment at Lowe’s
Lowe’s customers can no longer get price adjustments, which is a shame. But you can still match the price when you buy something.
To ask in person for a price match:
- Please bring a copy of the ad from a competitor for the same item you want to buy (this can either be a paper advertisement or an online advertisement, but it must be from a local retailer)
- When ready to buy the item, show the ad to a salesperson and ask them to match the price.
- The Lowe’s Price Promise says you can get a price match if your item and the ad you show meet all the requirements.
To ask online for a price match:
- Find the item you want to buy on Lowes.com and find the ad for the lower price from a competitor (make sure the competitor is on Lowe’s list of qualifying retailers, which is above).
- Call 1-877-465-6937 to request a price match
- If your item is eligible for a price change, a customer service representative will show you how to finish your purchase.
Price matching can only be asked for when you buy something. After a purchase is made, Lowe’s won’t change the price for any reason.
Is Lowe’s More Expensive Than Home Depot?
Lowe’s and Home Depot are the two biggest stores for home improvements in the United States and maybe even the world. But how well do they do?
Most of the time, Lowe’s and Home Depot prices are very close. But Home Depot is known for selling some things, like paint, ceramic tile, and drywall, at slightly lower prices.
Since Lowe’s is more expensive, it’s easy to wonder if this store will match the price of their biggest rival. Find out by reading on!
Other Ways To Save Money At Lowe’s
Even if you can’t use Lowe’s offer to match prices, there are still many ways to save money at this popular hardware store.
Check out the many ways Lowe’s can save you money here, or visit their online Deals of the Day to find new sale prices every day!
With a Lowe’s Advantage Card or Lowe’s Business Credit Card, you can also save 5% every day on purchases that qualify. You can also get 20% off your purchases today if you join Lowe’s Advantage for the first time.
Do Lowes and Home Depot price match?
Due to Lowe’s generous price-matching policy, if Home Depot sells the same item for less, Lowe’s will match the price. Price matching can be done in person or online if the sale meets all of the policy’s requirements.
Does Lowe’s price match other locations?
If you find an identical item in stock at a lower price at another local store, we’ll match that price when you buy it. Bring the ad, printout, or photo and show it to an employee so we can check the price on the competitor’s website or ad.
Will Lowes honor a Home Depot coupon?
Lowe’s used to accepting coupons from Home Depot and other competitors, but it doesn’t do that anymore.
What stores price match Depot?
If you find a lower price on an identical new item on OfficeDepot.com at the time of your purchase or within 14 days of your purchase, show us the lower price, and Office Depot or OfficeMax stores will match the price or give you the difference.
Who has lower prices Lowes or Home Depot?
When you add up all the prices, shopping at Lowe’s or Home Depot is about the same price. Prices at Lowe’s and Home Depot are often within a few pennies of each other for popular items sold at both stores.
What’s Better Home Depot or Lowe’s?
Only Lowe’s sells its brands, like Stainmaster carpet, Allen + Roth home decor, and Project Source kitchen cabinets. On the other hand, Home Depot is known for its brands, such as Behr Paint, ChemDry carpet stain removers, and Ryobi tools. It also has a great home decor section.
Does Home Depot still price match plus 10?
The Home Depot website says, “If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any retailer, we will match the price and beat it by 10%.” You must bring the ad, a printout, or even a photo of either to the register to get the discount.
Does Home Depot do price match?
We will match the price if you find the same item in stock at a lower price at any other store. Just bring the ad, a copy of it, or a photo to the register to be checked. (This could mean the association needs to talk to the competitor.)
Does Lowes match their own online prices?
Will Lowe’s match a price on Lowes.com that is lower? Yes, Lowe’s will charge the same amount in-store as online.
Does Lowe’s price match clearance?
Our policy of matching prices doesn’t apply to some brands, installation services, and items that are closed out, discontinued, cleared, refurbished, used, or damaged. Lowe’s won’t match a competitor’s rebate offers, sales tax promotions, senior discounts, buy-one-get-one-free sales, or advertising/pricing errors.
Even though Lowe’s has tightened up its policies in the past few years, it still has a price-matching policy that lets customers get the lowest price possible on their purchases.
Price matching can be used in-store and online when a qualifying retailer sells the same item for less at a different location. You should know that clearance, close-out, and promotional offers do not qualify.
Before you ask for a price match, look over the list of things that can’t be matched.